AREAS OF PRACTICE
Commercial and Banking Law
After graduating cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law, Mariann Morgan clerked for a federal bankruptcy judge, followed by positions with large law firms in Atlanta and Winston-Salem. Ms. Morgan is a member of the bar of the states of Georgia, North Carolina, and Missouri.
Ms. Morgan began her practice with Checkett & Pauly in 1999. She represents debtors in cases under Chapter 7 and 13 of the bankruptcy code, and out of court restructuring. She also represents creditors in the areas of collection in both state court and U.S. Bankruptcy Court, including adversary proceedings, claims allowance, relief from stay, and adequate protection.
Mariann supports the Carthage R-9 Bright Futures program and is a court appointed mentor for the Truancy Court.
- Missouri, 1998
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Missouri, 1999
- North Carolina, 1996
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of North Carolina
- Georgia, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1991
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Georgia
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. (cum laude)
- Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
- B.A. (summa cum laude)
Past Employment Positions
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice (Winston-Salem, NC), Associate
- Jones Day Reavis & Pogue (Atlanta, GA), Associate